TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Deadline for ALL entries is October 1st 2012,
2. Anyone may enter the contest and submit as many items as they wish. Please complete a separate entry form for each item.
3. Each contestant must submit a recipe utilizing coconut meat or milk. Categories will be Pupu or Dessert. Recipes must be the original idea of the contestant and unpublished.
4. Contestants shall provide a finished version of their dish. Contestants shall provide ice chests or similar cooling devices where refrigeration is indicated. Although a visual appeal is important, the main judging criteria will be focused on taste and utility of the coconut.
5. As space may be limited, entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
6. Contestants shall provide at least 10 small servings for judging. Entries must be left for viewing from
2:30pm until 3:00pm.
7. Judging shall be based on the following criteria: 10% presentation, 10% overall display, 30% originality, and 50% taste. All judgeís decisions are final.
8. Each entry will have a 30 x 30 inch space to showcase their entry.
9. Contestant hereby releases and forever holds harmless, sponsors and all related entities, any subsidiaries and affiliates, advertisers, promoters, fulfillers and judges from all liability, claims action or proceedings relating to the contest, from any injury howsoever incurred, damages of any kind howsoever caused, unless such release of liability is specifically prohibited by statute, in all matters relating to my participation in the festival and/or filming of the event.
10. Contestant hereby consents to be part of a variety of promotional activities, including but not limited to, having their name and photo published. By entering, Contestant consents to the use of their name, recipe and likeness for present and future film and/or advertising and promotional purposes, without additional compensation by the Kapaía Business Association or the Coconut Festival.
11. Setup for judging must be completed by 3:00pm. Area for setup will be available from 2:30pm. Judging will be performed on Sunday, October 7th, 2012 from 3:00pm.
12. Prizes will be awarded in the following manner: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place in each category and division
For more information: Call Bob Bartolo, Contest Coordinator at 639-8080,